Friday, January 25, 2008

Life Goes On

Well Brian and Amanda had their baby boy yesterday. Zander Magrum was born at 8lbs. 20oz. Very exciting. I will enjoy seeing how Brian adapts to being a parent. I will also use this as an oppurtunity to get a sneak preview for my future parent hood.

In other news more American Idol to watch on DVR. I think the novelty of the bad singers is starting to wear off for me. They come, they know they are bad, and then we laugh as Simon makes fun of them. Its becoming more old hat and less funny, and with the shows being an hour to two hours long it feels like it drags on too much. Also there are those who just do something stupid to get on TV...... and then Fox puts them on TV. Is this just a forum now for people to get 5 min of Fame? And personally I don't care about seeing everyones sob back story. What they sacrificed to ge there and how they have a little child to provide for cause they got pregnant at 16. I'd rather wait till we get down to the live shows and THEN invest a little more intrest in each persons life. Wait till we have a reason to care and then make us care. And getting back to the sob stories of all these people who have made sacrifices to provide for their little children that they had at a young age, should we feel sorry for someone who irresponsibly got themselves pregnant at age 16 and now has to pin all their hopes on a cable singing competition to provide a good life for their family? I dunno thats the way I see it, I could be wrong.

No comments: